Calibrae enables you to customize the From address on emails it sends to users in your training portal. In other words, when learners receive their enrolment notifications, password resets, workshop reminders or other emails - rather than coming from the default Calibrae platform email address, they can come from an address of your choosing. This is useful when you want to preserve your brand identity through the email interactions you have with your users.
Other email customizations?
In addition to customizing the From address on outgoing emails, you can also customize other aspects of the emails sent by the platform. For example, you can completely customize the course enrolment emails and other notifications. Through your platform site settings, you can also customise the email address to which notifictions like course sales, or learner's posting questions. See the related documentation to learn how!
1. Select an email address that you wish to use for your From address - for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Contact Calibrae customer support, and let us know your preferred address - you can create a support ticket via the Report a problem link at the bottom of each page.
3. We will trigger a confirmation email sent to the chosen email address. Clicking the link will confirm to our email sending service you are happy for Calibrae to send emails on behalf of the given address.
4. Once verified, we'll update your training portal for you so that all future emails will come from your verified address!
5. Optional but highly recommended: To improve the deliverability of your emails, Calibrae will provide you with a domain record set that you can deploy to your DNS. These records further verify your domain to our email sending service, and enable outgoing emails to be signed with DKIM / SPF & DMARC settings.
The DNS records we recommend you deploy will not impact how your users access your site; they do not affect in any way how your website is hosted. They exist purely for the purpose of domain verification.
The DNS record set issued to you will typically require the person who manages your DNS to deploy a CNAME record of the following example format:
Record Name: [example]._domainkey.example.com